Home > Student Visas
Why study in Canada? These days there are a number of students who are enrolling for the Canadian universities and this is increasing significantly. More than 130,000 students come to Canada every year and it will increase to 450,000 by 2022 as per the goal defined by Canada’s International Education Strategy. The amicable Canada study visa policies and inviting policies for the students to join colleges/universities have made it possible to go for the studies in the Canadian universities. The Canadian government has made quite flexible policies for the students through SDS to attract more students for vocational and higher education. On the other hand, the attempt has been made to put the student visa applications form on the fast track and especially for students under SDS countries. This has motivated the Pakistani students and they are planning to go for their education.
• Canada offers internationally recognized Advanced Quality and Affordable Education.
• Possibility of Immigration – You could get points for permanent residency in Canada which helps in immigration process when you apply for PR visa.
• Multicultural Society - While studying in Canada you will experience that you are living in one of the most attractive countries in the world.
• Campus Lifestyle – Most of the college or university campuses of Canada offers an enormous possibilities for learning and leisure activities.
• Research Opportunities
• Apply and get a scholarship to study in Canada.
• Work while you study without any work permit.
All the foreign nationals, as per rule, must get a study permit, which is also known as Canadian study visa for the duration of their academic year in order to study in Canada. It is must for the students to get a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institute to apply for a Canada study visa or permit. Once you gather all the documents you can complete and submit your application for a study permit at the Canadian visa office.
There would be certain charges to pay the biometric fees at the time of depositing your application with the processing fees. It always helps to avoid further delays in the entire process. The officer at the visa office helps to review your application and determines if there is any requirement to go for the interview or if there are any additional documents required to be submitted. There are certain cases where the need to attend the interview would be there so you will be notified of all the details.
• You need to understand the rules which are defined by the immigration and refugee protection act to avoid any discrepancy in future.
• Showing sufficient money to support your studies and stay in Canada is essential.
• One has to present the clean police record that claims that you have not done any offense.
• Medical clearance is mandatory to acquire the study permit.
Depending on your citizenship or where you live, you may need a temporary resident visa as well as a study permit. You must submit your application to the visa office that is responsible for the country or region where you live. A Canada study permit is a document that is issue by Canadian Govt. which allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.
• 1- You must have been accepted by a recognized school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada..
• 2- You have a valid passport or travel document..
• 3- You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your: (a)Tuition Fees; (b)Living Expenses for yourself and any family members who will accompany you to Canada; (c)Return Transportation for yourself and any family members who accompany you to Canada..
• 4- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate..
• 5- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary..
• 6- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada after completion of your studies..
• 7- You have to furnish certain documents that you will need to apply for a study permit. Like, your credentials, your IELTS result, Bank Statement, Support letter from your Parents and your course selection etc. After the visa office receives your application, it might request more information or documents like medical or security information. In most cases, you will need a medical examination. This may add more than three months to the processing time of your application. If you want to study in Canada, you and any family members who come to Canada with you, and who are 18 years of age and over, may also have to provide police certificates.
Canada study visa program offers a great opportunity to work while pursuing your study in Canada. For this, you do not need to have a separate Work Permit. The study permit allowed you to work anywhere as per your convenience and allow you to work on-campus or off- campus. For Off campus, you are allowed to work up to a maximum of 20 hours a week and full time during vacation (winter/summer vacation). To work on a Canadian study visa, you have to be enrolled in a full-time student with a designated learning institutions (DLI) and if not then you have to enroll in a vocational or professional program (training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate) which will be six months or longer. The provinces regulate education and schools in Canada. For more detailed information on living and studying in a specific province or territory, contact us for a free consultation and See if you qualify - FREE SKILLS ASSESSMENT
RCIC License Number: R413895
© 2021 –ImmViss. All rights reserved.